My guest in this episode is Emily de la Pena, founder of Coding Kids which runs programming tutoring, classes and holiday camps for children, based around the Brisbane area in Australia.
In this episode:
- Emily’s background
- Making the leap from full-time work
- Setting prices
- Handling rapid growth and rapid hiring
- Managing profitability with different classes and large number of tutors
- Planning and budgeting for the future
- Being approached by a private equity firm
- Startup weekends
Links and mentions:
- Emily on Facebook, LinkedIn and Medium
- Coding Kids
- Coder Dojo
- “P & C” = Parent’s and Citizens, i.e. people outside the school working to improve the school.
Any big “a ha” moments for you while listening? Got a favourite takeaway? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for listening!
P.S. Got a question for my next Q&A episode? Or a question I should ask future guests? Send it in.