Nathan Hirsch is the founder of Freeeup.com (with 3 “e”s), an online freelancer marketplace designed to take the hassle out of hiring a freelancer.
Nathan began his e-commerce experience with selling textbooks out of his dorm room in college. From there he started a drop-shipping business that grew at a wild pace. Along the way, he learned the hard way how to run a business and build the right team for the company.
In this episode:
- Nathan’s e-commerce beginning.
- What Freeeup.com does for its clients.
- Nathan’s experience with Amazon and drop-shipping business.
- Coping with a high turnover rate and how he fixed it.
- The importance of building a positive business culture.
- The Amazon margin “sweet-spot.”
- Why opening an office was a mistake for Nathan.
- The 2 keys to hiring the right person.
- Why trial and error are two of the best teachers in business.
- The 3 attributes Freeeup looks for in a freelancer.
- How a client can get the most from a freelancer.
- How Freeeup works.
- How Nathan started Freeeup.
- The importance of looking at the business data regularly.
Links and mentions:
Any big “a ha” moments for you while listening? Got a favourite takeaway? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for listening!
P.S. Got a question for my next Q&A episode? Or a question I should ask future guests? Send it in.